On our tour of Soweto, you will learn about the major points in its history from the student uprisings in June 1976 – to the drafting of our constitution – to modern day Soweto as we know it today.
Here your guide will not only share interesting insights into the role & impact of the Apartheid System, but will also distill the information displayed & the exhibits located within the museum, which illustrates the rise and fall of apartheid.
The exhibits include graphic film footage, photographs, text panels and artefacts depicting the events and stories of apartheid.
4 – 6 hours
- Apartheid Museum (entrance included)
- The Freedom Square
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital (drive past)
- FNB Soccer City Stadium (drive past, with limited photo opportunities)
- The Homes of Desmond Tutu & Winnie Mandela (drive past)
- Visit The Nelson Mandela Museum (entrance included)
- Walk down Vilakazi Street
- Visit The Hector Peterson Memorial
- Lunch at a local soweto eatery
- All entrance fees
- Return transfers
- Lunch at a local Soweto Eatery
- Tour is availble daily
- Minimum two (2) persons for a tour
- Duration: Seven (7) hours (incl travel time)